The statement “can you make a hoverboard with magnets sounds complex to talk about. What if we say that it is possible and it is a simple step-by-step process? In this article we are going to unveil the questions like, is it possible to make a hoverboard with magnets? And how does a magnetic hoverboard work? There are some clear factors that you need to understand before making a magnetic hoverboard at home.
Are magnetic Hoverboards real?
A hoverboard that exists in our everyday life floats on wheels. However, the magnetic hoverboard we are talking about here is a futuristic device that people will witness in the coming years. There are few ideal models of these hoverboards on the market. However, these are currently unavailable for purchase. These hoverboards are closely related to present hoverboards, however, they will float in the air and will not contact any surface. It is important to understand the logic that we can create a magnetic hoverboard at home but we cannot make it hover on streets. We would need a magnetic surface to operate a magnetic hoverboard on it. As charges repel each other, it will make your hoverboard float over a surface.
How to make a flying hoverboard with magnets method #1
Take a suitably sized board that you wish to create into a hoverboard later. Make space for the battery to fit in that board that actually hovers. Make holes in the hoverboard for the wheels to fit through. In a set of two, place the wheels on the hoverboard. Three wheels will be included in each set. Place the magnetic strip with the wheels. These magnetic coils will be connected to the battery and used to generate magnetic fields. A magnetic pull or push will be created by this magnetic field. Depending on the charge flow direction and the charge generated on both ends.
After that, prepare a spot for the battery to be installed. The battery should be rechargeable so that you can use your board multiple times. Confirm that the battery has sufficient capacity to sustain the hoverboard. Install a magnetic strip to the wheel’s side. Adhesive magnetic strips are readily available both in markets and online. The magnetic field is created when the current passes through the magnetic coil. You can simply alter the direction of the hoverboard if you can change the direction of the current flow. The above paragraph is a simple explanation of how to make a flying hoverboard with household items.
How does a magnetic hoverboard work?
Magnetic hoverboards work by combining superconductors and magnets to oppose gravity and elevate an object above the ground. Manufacturers who claim to make magnetic hoverboards chose a superconductor over a regular conductor, which creates a different kind of magnetic field. You don’t need an electromagnetic force with a superconductor Instead, you have the Conductive effect, which states that when a magnetic field is applied near a superconductor, it induces a current in the superconductor and forms an image magnetic field from the other side of the electromagnet. You generate current, but because it’s a superconductor, it doesn’t die. As a result, fluctuating magnetic fields aren’t required. If this all sounds a little complicated, consider a magnetic levitation train, which uses similar principles to achieve speeds of over 300 mph.
How to make a flying hoverboard with cardboard method #2
- a screwdriver
- Hacksaw Cutter for Soldering Iron
- Set of spanners
- Drilling Machine (Electric)
- a pen for marking
- Tape Measure
- DC 10 rpm 2 NOS motor (12V).
- 2 NOS Castor Rotating Wheel (2′′ Diameter)
- Mi Power Bank’s battery is 12V.
- Bicycle tyre (diameter = 8′′) – 2 NOS
- Wooden 15 mm thick ply
- 2 NOS Push Switch
- Glue for wood.
- a nut and a screw
- Pipe made of PVC.
- 4 NOS “T” Pipe.
- Pipe for the Elbow (90 Degree). – 4 NOS
- 9 NOS straight pipe
10 step process:
- Join all the PVC pieces together to make a rectangle frame
- Cut the sheets of timber ply into 45cm x 20cm dimensions.
- attach the wooden the PVC frame to the wooden ply by drilling 4 holes in the ply
- You’ll need a 12V DC motor with two NOS and an rpm of 10. Choose a motor with a low rpm and higher torque. A hoverboard with a higher rpm cannot support the weight of a rider.
- A glue and clamp fitting is important. Otherwise, our motor will be disabled from an assembly if it is not tightly fitted.
- To run the wheels separately, we’ll need two push switches. Make two holes at the front of the wooden ply for it.
- Our Homemade real flying hoverboard is not self-balancing, but it will topple over if the rider does not balance.
- Add two additional 360-degree rotating wheels to both sides of the PVC frame to maintain balance.
- Four 12V cells are linked in series. For a pretty basic wiring diagram, look at the 2D images on google
- If the steps are not clear to you. watch youtube videos on how to make a flying hoverboard at home easy
Yes, you can make a real hoverboard at home by following the simple easy steps mentioned in this blog. But you may not be able to ride that hoverboard that floats in the air. There are a lot of DIY projects in which people try to create magnetic flying hoverboards but none of them were able to fly in real life. The world’s first REAL hoverboard unveiled by Hendo gives you control over hover technology. They are about to launch the world’s best real hoverboard that actually flies. Hendo is introducing a flying hoverboard to discover the feel of being frictionless. We can only imagine how smooth the ride will feel being an inch above the ground.